This is the question I'm often asked. It's a bit reminiscent of "what are you doing after you graduate?" that I hated not too many months ago. Up until the past week the only answer I've given anyone is "I don't know...I'm looking for a ministry somewhere...I might go home for a while until I find something." Then I had a conversation with my roommate (shout-out to Tim for giving me a wonderful place to live for the summer!!!). He said something both obvious, but also pretty profound. He told me that since I'm already here and I have a heart for church planting in the northeast, why don't I just get a job, stay a little longer, and see where God will lead me. I mean, I'm already here. And coming from Tim it was even more powerful. Tim is one of the original people from the launch team that started Forefront Church. Right after graduating college, he followed God's call to move from Indiana to New York to help start a new church. His friends thought he was crazy, but he followed God's call.
So, I'm seriously considering staying in the city for like, 6 months or so after the internship is over on August 6. I'd have to get a job. I'd need to find a place to live (which might be with Tim). It would be quite an adjustment. It would also be super exciting! New York really is a great place to live and I have fallen in love with it. I highly recommend experiencing it sometime in your life. Maybe next summer your church could partner with Forefront by sending a team to serve the city.
Would you please pray that I would have wisdom as I decide whether to stay and what will go into all that (job, housing, etc.). You can also just pray for my future in general; where God will use me in a more full-time capacity (if that's what He wants). Thank you so much for all of your prayers. I truly do not realize how insignificant, but blessed that I am by all of you, my prayer supporters. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment