The past few weeks I've had a lot of free time - mainly because I don't have a job yet. Yes, I am helping Dave Smith quite a bit, but that's a little more sporadic. But like I said, I've got a lot of "free time." It's really nice when there's a party or concert or baseball game, and I've got nothing to hold me back. Other times though, it drives me crazy. I hate not having something pressing to accomplish. Sure there are things to be done, but nothing extra to spring me out of bed in the morning with that much more gusto.
I remember a few summers ago in high school (wow, that was like 6 or 7 summers ago, I'm old!) when my pastor from my home church gave a devotion for the youth group. I think it was the last Wednesday night before summer. We had a tailgate party and volleyball game. He talked about how sometimes the most dangerous place we can be is in our "free time." Satan uses it to tempt us toward sin. It's true. So in the past few weeks, I've been having to practice the discipline of self-starting. I'd say that most of the time, it's better to be doing something rather than wondering if anything will happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment