
So on Wednesday I finally got a haircut - trim actually. I hadn't been to any places in Bensonhurst (the neighborhood in Brooklyn where I live). But I saw a sign for $10 mens' cuts at a place right by the subway entrance, so I tried it out. There were two women there and then three women working. Just a slight bit awkward. Anyway, while the woman was cutting my hair we had the small talk going on. She had an accent and would periodically speak in another language to the other women working, so I asked her where she was from. Albania! Not just Albania, but Dures, where I went last summer during my missions trip with CIY! They were really excited and so was I. My landlord is also from Albania. Who knows how God has been working and how he will use this for his glory. Please be praying for me that I will be able to make some relationships with people in my building and in my neighborhood here in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.

No comments:
Post a Comment