I think that if I was born in the middle ages, I would be a monk in a monastery. I know they had their flaws. I'm not so much attracted to the simple life, but the focused one. Being a part of an entire community where everyone is seeking one kind of life together. When I look at American society, I often hate it. Each person must fight alone - against everyone else for the mighty dollar, or whatever else the individual wants. However, I know that every culture and society is imperfect with its flaws. But what about the church? Shouldn't it be the best society/culture - a different people living within a people? American/Western Christianity is still so individualistic to me. It's believers getting together as individuals - not as a community together focused on one kind of life together. That's what I want. That's the kind of church I look and strive towards.
And so here I am writing about it on my own, personal blog. Ironic?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Found you! I'm going to keep reading this blog Nathan.
Post a Comment